Shop With Amazon

Http://terrysthoughtsandthreads.blogspot.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Reading and Reviewing 14, a look back at Turnabout.

TurnaboutTurnabout by Margaret Peterson Haddix

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I read this book about ten years ago, when my son was in a shared reading group, eighth graders and senior center readers. I loved the story, am amazed today to be living in what Haddix described as an internet society, where people shared their thoughts and lives openly with the public! She was ahead of her time in predicting that one.

I gave it a four because I cannot remember how it ended! The two women who were medically provided with a return to youth moved back through each stage of life but in a different decade, a different culture than they had the first time through. I think if it was a memorable ending, I would recall it. Though I, too, am reaching the stage where memories fade, decade by decade, starting with the most recent!

The book is recommended for school grades 6 through 10, but what made this reading delightful for me was knowing that my son and his classmates were sharing discussions of the book, and perhaps of life, with the elders next door. I would recommend this book for all ages who want to thoughtfully reflect on what we value now, and in the past, and perhaps yet ahead.

You can find this book at Amazon by clicking this link.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Thank you for reading here. I look forward to your comment!